VIR Series FTIR portable FTIR spectrometer shown with gas cell and microscope
VIR Series FTIR Portable FTIR spectrometer
The VIR Series FTIR portable FTIR spectrometer is compact, lightweight and versatile. The collimated entrance and exit ports make it an ideal instrument for a wide range of user-designed experiments. The standard instrument includes a hermetically sealed interferometer, DLaTGS detector, high intensity ceramic light source, KRS-5 windows and automatic alignment. Options are available for increased sensitivity, optional spectral ranges including NIR, and battery operation.
- Three models: VIR-100, 200 and 300
- 45 deg Michelson sealed interferometer with KRS-5 windows and gold coated light weight corner cube mirrors
- DLaTGS detector (standard) MCT and InGaAs (Options)
- ‘Antivibration learning system’ for the moving mirror for industrial envirnoments
- Accessories for ATR, Transmission and Diffuse or Specular Reflectance
- Customizable for in-situ measurements in factory or field locations
- Multiple configuration of up to three accessories on one spectrometer with external connection optics
- Universal optical base allowing users to build customized systems
- Eco-friendly system including sleep-mode as well as a compact & space-saving design
- High-speed monitoring with optional 40 Hz Rapid Scan
- Comprehensive self-diagnostics & validation
- USB connection with Spectra Manger™ Suite PC control and analysis
VIR Series Portable FTIR Spectrometers
VIR-100 General Purpose Mid IR Spectrometer
- General-purpose Mid-IR Spectrometer
- Spectral Range: 7,800 to 350 cm-1
- Resolution: 0.9 – 16 cm-1
- S/N ratio: 18,000:1 (DLaTGS)
VIR-200 High resolution Mid-IR Spectrometer
- High resolution and advanced anti-vibration technology
- Maximum resolution for both solids and gases
- Maximum resolution 0.4 – 16 cm-1
- Spectral range: 7,800 to 350 cm-1
- S/N ratio: 22,000:1 (DLaTGS)
VIR-300 NIR Spectrometer
- NIR interferometer for a wide range of near-infrared applications.
- Optional sampling systems include a fiber optic interface with sample probes and a range of diffuse reflectance accessories for quality control applications
- NIR configuration with CaF2 beam splitter and halogen light source
- Spectral range: 15,000 to 2,200 cm-1
- Maximum resolution 0.4 – 16 cm-1
|Wavenumber Range||7,800 ~ 350 cm-1||7,800 ~ 350 cm-1||15,000 ~ 2,200 cm-1|
|Resolution||0.9 ~ 16 cm-1||0.4 ~ 16 cm-1||0.4 ~ 16 cm-1|
|• Options||M-MCT, N-MCT, W-MCT||InGaAs, InSb, M-MCT, N-MCT, W-MCT||InGaAs, InSb, M-MCT, N-MCT, W-MCT|
|• Options||-||Broadband KBr||Broadband KBr|
|• Standard||High-intensity ceramic light source||High-intensity ceramic light source||Halogen lamp|
|• Option||Halogen lamp (Auto switching)||High-intensity ceramic light source (Auto switching)|
|Interferometer||45° Michelson Interferometer with gold coated corner cube mirrors|
|Drive Mode||DSP electromagnetic drive with Mechanical bearing||DSP electromagnetic drive, Mechanical bearing with self-learning DSP active control||DSP electromagnetic drive, Mechanical bearing with self-learning DSP active control|
|Dimension & Weight||270 (W) x 236.5 (D) x 245 (H) mm, 14.5 kg|
Accessories and Attachments
The most suitable VIR system can be configured by selecting accessories matched with applications required. The newly developed MultiChambIR attachment allows users to switch three measurement modes from transmittance, ATR and DR in one attachment. Best suited to incoming inspection of variable samples such as powder, solid and liquid.
Combination with MultiChambIR Attachment
Up to three measurement modes in one attachment
External connection optics allows users to install up to three attachments in one system and to simply by switch from one to another. Furthermore, Universal optical base enables users to freely customize optics by placing mirrors and sample holders onto the base. Therefore, even a large sample or an attachment which cannot fit in the main compartment, can be applied.
Combination with External Connection Optics
A wide variety of measurement attachments are available.
|Name of Attachment||Main Application / Feature|
|SmartTech Attachment||Qualitative measurement of powder and solid sample|
|Fiber Interface Attachment||Process monitoring|
|Long Path Gas Cell Attachment||Quantification of gas concentration|
|Single Reflectance ATR Attachment||Surface analysis of powder, solid and liquid sample|
|NIR Specular Reflectance Attachment||Non-destructive measurement of food and medicine|
|IRT-1000 Micro IR Attachment||Foreign object|
|Autosampler Attachment||High throughput analysis of drugs, etc.|
|Transmission Measurement Attachment||Qualitative / quantitative analysis of film sample|
|MultiChambIR Attachment||Three measurement modes (Transmittance/reflectance, diffusive reflectance and ATR) in one attachment|
System Configuration Examples
Dedicated accessory configurations include gas cells, microscopes, NIR fiber optics, and open path analyzers. The MPS sample compartment allows connection to commercially available FTIR accessories. The system is designed for high performance in the laboratory and in the field.
External Connection Optics
Qualitative, surface and quantitative analysis can be carried out in one system.
Foreign Objective Analysis
A wide range of sample sizes from centimeter to micron can be applied.
Universal Optical Base (Gas Analysis)
A wide range of gas concentration can be applied by attaching gas cells with several different path lengths.
Field-Rugged FTIR Microscopy System (VIR-9000 series with the IRT-1000VIR)
A portable FT/IR microscopy system has been designed by coupling the VIR-9000 series portable FTIR spectrometer with the IRT-1000VIR in-compartment microscope. This analysis system is compact and lightweight for field operations. Rather than taking the samples from the field to the lab for analysis, this system provides micro-FTIR analysis on-site, wherever the sample may be located. Optional ATR objectives allow rapid and simple measurements without extensive sample preparation. Three types of ATR objectives, ZnSe, Ge, and Diamond ATR elements make it possible to measure a wide variety of samples, such as hard solid samples and/or high refractive index substances including carbon filled compounds.
Contaminant Analysis in the Field
The figure shows contaminant analysis in the field using the VIR-9000 Series portable FTIR spectrometer with the IRT-1000VIR compact IR microscope using a diamond ATR objective. The contaminant is Polyethylene.
1800 00 84 53
New Zealand Freephone
0800 34 24 66
Bio-Strategy PTY Limited
8 – 10 Trade Park Drive
Tullamarine, VIC 3043
2/7 Miller Street
Murarrie, QLD 4172
33 Westpoint Drive