JASCO J-1000 Series … Opens the Door to the Future of Circular Dichroism
Chiroptical spectroscopy has become one of most important techniques for the characterization of biomolecules, determination of absolute configuration and stereochemical analysis. Since launching the Model AP-1, our first spectropolarimeter in 1961, JASCO has designed and built the finest in chiroptical instrumentation. Based on JASCO's experience in CD instrumentation over a half century, JASCO proudly introduces the J-1000 Series Circular Dichroism (CD) Spectrometers providing both unparalleled optical performance and versatile flexibility.
Designed and manufactured by JASCO
Since 1961, JASCO has designed and built the finest in chiroptical instrumentation. Instead of using instrument components from other manufacturers, the entire instrument is designed and manufactured by JASCO, including the PEM crystal, shown above. The result is the best performance and reliability in the industry.
The three models of the J-1000 series offer the most robust feature set available, for applications ranging from education and routine analysis to complex research with strict requirements.
JASCO J-1000 Series Instrument Performance
The innovative optical system of the J-1500 allows the measurement of a CD spectrum in the vacuum UV region down to 163 nm. The vacuum UV region below 200 nm, is of critical importance for biomolecules, particularly in protein secondary structure estimation.
High sensitivity combined with a maximum of 10000 nm per minute scan speed allows the J-1500 to measure samples quickly increasing productivity in your lab. An additional benefit is the minimal time exposure of biological samples to the high-energy UV light minimizing the risk of sample degradation.
Stray light will result in distortion of the CD spectrum, particularly in the Far-UV region where the sample absorbance is high. The dual polarizing prism optical design equipped in the J-1000 Series results in stray light lower than 0.0003% enabling them to obtain high quality CD data even under conditions with high absorbance.
The latest Quad Lock-in Amplifier allows the simultaneous acquisition of up to four data channels including CD, Absorbance, Linear Dichroism (LD), Fluorescence, Fluorescence detected CD (FDCD), Fluorescence detected LD (FDLD), Fluorescence Anisotropy and Optional Rotatory Dispersion (ORD). The following figure shows the multi-probe measurement of Lysozyme showing the simultaneous acquisition of CD, Abs, Ex Fluorescence and Em Fluorescence during a thermal ramping experiment.
Designed as a “Chiroptical Spectroscopy Workbench” the J-1500 offers a wide range of accessories to allow it to be adapted to any application requirements. Temperature ramping, protein folding, enzyme kinetics, DNA/RNA interactions, natural organic chemistry, biochemistry, macromolecules and rapid scanning experiments are all possible.
The J-1100 offers the basic cell holders for general CD/LD/Abs and Temperature control measurements.
• Wide spectral range from vacuum UV to Near-IR (up to 1600 nm, only J-1500)
• Standard built-in mercury lamp and optional NIST traceable standard sample for system validation
• High-efficiency purge capability enabling to enhanced vacuum UV measurement
• Extremely low stray light and high S/N ratio providing wide dynamic range
• Simultaneous Multi-probe measurements (SMP) with acquisition of up to four data channels
• Flexible design allowing field upgrades for different measurement modes and accessories as applications evolve
• Spectra Manager II or Spectra Manager CFR (For FDA regulated labs): 64 bit innovative, cross-platform Spectroscopy
• Software Suite for data acquisition, analysis and presentation including several methods of secondary structure calculation
Phone: 0800 773 274
PO Box 17720