expression CMS High performance compact mass spectrometer
The Advion expression compact mass spectrometer (CMS) is a fast and easy analytical tool for the organic chemist. Ideal for fast reaction monitoring, the expression CMS features a single quadrupole that can adapt to multiple ionization sources in seconds, including both ESI and APCI. The mass spectrometer works in a variety of applications, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, biomedical, peptides and proteins, drug discovery and more.
Few laboratories analyze one type of sample or one technique all day, every day. Most require the ability to analyze a range of samples using more than one technique. This allows for a more complete identification and characterization of samples.
The expression CMS integrates with nearly every chemistry technique.
- Thin-layer Chromatography (TLC by Plate Express)
- Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP)
- Inert Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (iASAP)
- Touch Express Open Port Sampling Interface (OPSI)
- Volatile APCI (vAPCI)
- AVANT Customizable (U)HPLC Systems
- Flow Injection
- Flow Chemistry
- Flash Chromatography
- Preparative Liquid Chromatography (Prep-LC)
- Supercritical Fluids Chromatography (SFC)
The expression CMS provides essential information quickly and improves the chemist’s workflow. Modern organic labs have become automated; faster and more critical reactions require co-located versatile analytics — the expression CMS solves this at an affordable price.
expressionL CMS for large molecule analysis
The expression family of compact mass spectrometers provide essential information quickly and improves the chemist’s workflow. For chemists requiring a higher mass range, the expressionL is the ideal mass detector for large molecule applications with a mass range up to m/z 2,000. Because of multiple charge ESI it is possible to analyze large biomolecules of several 10s of kDa.
Unrivalled flexibility and utility
- Peptide synthesis, batch and online reaction monitoring
- QC of proteins
- Polymer chemistry
- Natural products
Advion’s unrivalled expertise in mass spectrometry provides a mass spec solution just for chemists. Whether you are a biopharmaceutical company, academic teaching/research lab, or any industry requiring routine mass assays, the expressionL CMS delivers high performance in a compact, easy-to-use package at an affordable price.
expressionS CMS for synthetic chemistry
The expression family of compact mass spectrometers provide essential information quickly and improves the chemist’s workflow. Designed with the synthetic organic chemist in mind, the expressionS is a flexible, transportable mass detector for small molecule analysis.
Unrivalled utility and flexibility
- Compound identification for batch and flow chemistry
- Confirm identity and purity quickly and accurately
- Mass directed fraction collection for flash chromatography, Prep-LC and SFC
A versatile mass detector for:
- Coupling to any (U)HPLC systems
- Food safety
- Water purity
- Clinical diagnostics
The TriVersa NanoMate® LESA® is the latest in chip-based electrospray ionization technology from Advion. It combines the benefits of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, chip-based infusion, fraction collection, and direct surface analysis into one integrated ion source platform. It allows scientists to obtain more information from complex samples than LC/MS alone.
Advion ESI Chip®
The Advion ESI Chip®
The ESI Chip unleashes the power of mass spectrometry through miniaturization. This microfluidics chip contains an array of 400 nano-electrospray nozzles, etched in a silicon wafer. The fabrication method is highly reproducible to ensure the integrity and equal performance of each nozzle. The electrical field created by the nano-electrospray nozzles results in a highly efficient ionization and long lasting, stable spray from µL of sample volume.
- ESI chips are available in three different nozzle emitter sizes from 2.5 µm to 5.5 µm ID
- Internal chip void volume in the pL range allows for 15 min spray times from only 3 µL of sample
- Automated sample handling can deliver spray from samples in 96, 384 or 1536 well plates
- Silicon chip design delivers superior electric field strength and ionization efficiency
- Internal counter electrode allows for spray sensing and recovery feature
Static Nano-Electrospray (Infusion)
The TriVersa NanoMate® is the only automated ion source platform that allows high throughput infusion experiments for small or large analytes in applications ranging from shotgun lipidomics, to non-covalent interaction studies (NCI), to protein characterization.
Operating in Mode 1: Infusion, the system utilizes the Advion ESI Chip® providing long, stable sprays, and eliminating sample-to-sample carryover.
- Lipidomics, Metabolomics
- Non-covalent Interaction Studies (NCI)
- Top-down Protein Identification and Characterization
- QA/QC of Antibodies
- Glycan Analysis
- Zero sample-to-sample carryover due to one tip-one sample-one sprayer workflow
- Highly efficient, automated nano-electrospray
- Long, stable sprays from µL of sample
- High sample throughput from 96, 384 or 1536 well plates
LC/MS with Fraction Collection for Re-Analysis by Infusion
Mode 2 was developed to operate the system as a nano-ESI ion source for LC/MS applications. In addition, excess LC eluate can be utilized for fraction collection to create a physical storage of the LC/MS experiment and allow re-analysis of fractions of interest as identified by the online LC/MS run.
Mode 2 is ideally suited for researchers interested in metabolite identification, biomarker analysis, and protein characterization or any application that requires more time for analysis than what is allowed during conventional liquid chromatography MS analysis.
Users can couple any conventional HPLC system to the TriVersa NanoMate® LESA® for MS analysis (optional RAD or UV detectors can also be utilized). The effluent is split post column with a small portion directed to the Advion ESI Chip® for ionization and LC/MS analysis while the remainder of the split effluent is collected into a multi-well plate. The chromatogram is thereby “stored” for future analysis with each fraction assigned a timestamp of the LC/MS analysis. Following LC/MS, the researcher is able to select fractions of interest for more in-depth analysis via Infusion MSn.
- Metabolite Identification
- Protein Biomarker Discovery
- QA/QC of Antibodies
- Top-down/bottom-up Proteomics
- Protein PTM analysis
- More time across an LC/MS peak for more information from complex samples
- Qualitative and quantitative information from a single LC/MS run
- Integration with RAD or UV detectors and external fraction collectors for increased workflow flexibility
Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA®)
Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA®) was developed in collaboration with Dr. Gary van Berkel from the Oak Ridge National Laboratories. Its unique surface extraction via a liquid droplet held in suspension (liquid junction) allows a novel approach for spatially resolved analysis of biological and technical surfaces of interest. The pipetting accuracy of the TriVersa NanoMate enables high sensitivity experiments with a spatial resolution of 1mm on target.
The LESA capability is also available as an upgrade to all previously installed TriVersa NanoMate systems.
- PK/PD analysis of small molecule drugs
- Spatially resolved lipidomics
- Biofilm analysis from medical devices
- Analysis of bacteria and fungi from culture
- Direct protein analysis
- Plant material
- Fast, simple and direct analysis
- 1 mm spatial resolution
- Liquid extraction and nESI based analysis
- High sensitivity due to nESI and extraction into only 1 µL of solvent
Liquid Extraction Surface analysis coupled with LC (LESAPLUS LC)
LESAPLUS LC experiments can be executed through the Developers Kit software extension and allows for the added benefit of separation. Spatial resolution can be improved to 400 µm on target and once the extract is placed in the loop of the on-board 6 port valve, an nLC/MS experiment can commence.
- PK/PD analysis of small molecule drugs
- Spatially resolved lipidomics
- Direct Analysis from surface of interest
- 400 µm spatial resolution
- Liquid extraction and nESI based analysis
- High sensitivity due to added chromatographic separation
- Analysis of complex mixtures and isobaric compounds
- Derivatization/Enzymatic digestion prior to LESAPLUS experiments
The TriVersa NanoMate® LESA® is operated by a proprietary software program called ChipSoft. It is used to set all parameters of the system including sample volume, spray voltage, pressure and polarity as well as temperature, spray times and extraction parameters for LESA. ChipSoft 10 is compatible will all PC architectures and versions of Windows.
- Spray sensing is a uniqe feature of the TriVersa NanoMate® LESA® that allows an emitter/nozzle to switch mid-run to recover from potential spray instabilities or failures
- The Developers Kit Software extension gives full control over the TriVersa NanoMate robot and provides options for custom method development, like LESAPLUS LC, chemical or enzymatic surface modifications prior to LESA extraction or complex mixing experiments in non-covalent interaction (NCI) studies.
- The camera feature of LESAPLUS allows direct visualization of the LESA liquid junction and supports optimal solvent control during method development for LESA and LESAPLUS LC.
Specifications and Installation Considerations
The Advion TriVersa NanoMate® LESA® is compatible with mass spectrometers ranging from FT/Orbitrap technology to time-of-flight (TOF), IonTrap, triple quadrupole (QQQ) and their combinations via individual MS brackets. Currently supported MS vendors are Agilent, Bruker, Sciex, Shimadzu, Thermo and Waters.
|System and Space Requirements|
|TriVersa robot||48x35x37 cm|
|TriVersa controller and power supply||38x43x13 cm|
|Weight||22 kg (robot)|
|Gas Supply||60-100 psi (4-7 bar), >95% N2, 1/8” tubing connection|
|Gas consumption||600 mL/min|
|Line Voltage||100-240 VAC @ 47 to 63 Hz|
|Outlets||3 x 5A|
|Altitude||Up to 6560 ft (2000 m)|
|Temperature||59 to 75 F (15 to 24 C)|
|Relative Humidity||40 to 60 % (non condensing)|
Simple, high performance, robust multi-element analysis
Introducing the new SOLATION Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS) – the ultimate instrument for multi-element analysis, the SOLATION provides high sensitivity measurement of trace elements from a wide range of matrices including complex samples such as urine, serum, plasma, whole blood and tissue, water, soil, food, beverage and agricultural samples. Designed for ease of use, with intuitive software, the SOLATION ICP-MS is the ideal instrument for environmental, pharmaceutical, food safety and clinical laboratories everywhere.
The thoughtfully designed system offers an innovative 90° quadrupole deflector that lowers interference with a design that ensures the analyzer and detector are not in line with the plasma beam preventing neutrals and particles from entering the analyzer, improving signal-to-noise and preventing contamination.
Adding the SOLATION ICP-MS to your lab opens up a world of possibilities for a wide range of industries and applications, including:
- Metals in Blood
- Environmental Analysis
- Food & Agriculture
- Pharmaceutical Quality Control
The SOLATION ICP-MS is controlled by Advion’s industry-leading, easy-to-use ICP-MS Express software. Configure, control and tune the instrument, process data, and quantify all from one intuitive software suite. Everything from routine analysis to advanced research will benefit from the efficiency of the Advion ICP-MS solution.
Advion’s ICP-MS Express offers a modern, easy to use interface to help simplify method development, experiment creation and data acquisition – starting and completing your run with just a single click.
The software builds on the industry-leading Mass Express platform developed over many years with the Advion expression Compact Mass Spectrometer. The software package has been optimized for the ICP-MS system and comes standard with the simple to use Mass Express software suite, including Quant Express and Data Express.
ICP-MS Express provides seamless workflow to configure and control the instrument including all of its peripherals (liquid autosampler, peristaltic pump etc.). ICP-MS Express offers:
- Simplified user interface and streamlined workflow for optimized, automatic calibration and tuning
- Optimized data acquisition with real-time graphic of spectrum and time resolved signals during manual runs or batch acquisition
- Optimized sample list for easy workflow
- Quantitative calibration curve for accuracy
Optimize your throughput with these SOLATION ICP-MS sample inlets
Simplifying sample introduction, increasing throughput
The ASX-560 Autosampler offers:
- Optional dual rinse station
- Optimal chemical compatibility
- Redefined and configurable XYZ movement
- Integrated enclosure (optional)
- Sample racks including 90, 60 and 21 vials
Rapid Sample Introduction
More sample throughput, less time
The ASXPRESS PLUS rapid sample introduction accessory that, when used with the ASX-560, increases throughput from 90 seconds per sample to 30 seconds per sample.
Providing simple high-performance LC/ICP-MS for multi-element speciation
The Advion AVANT series offers:
- HPLC and UHPLC for speciation analysis
- UV and UV-Vis DAD
- Column oven
- Autosamplers with optional cooling
- Modular and stackable design
- High-pressure mixing with optional degassing
- Peristaltic Pump: 4 channels, 12 rollers
- Spray Chamber: T-controlled, Cyclonic, Quartz
- Spray Chamber T: -10 – 35 ºC
- Nebulizer: PFA and Quartz
- Nebulizer Flow Rate: 1 mL/min
- Rf Generator Frequency: 27 MHz
- Rf Generator Power: 500-1600 W
- Cones: Ni and Pt tipped Cu
- Sample Cone i.d.: 1 mm
- Skimmer Cone i.d.: 0.4 mm
- Extraction Cone i.d.: 1.02 mm
- Lens: Einzel
- Optics: 90º quad deflector
- Mass Range: 2-260 u (212 u for SOLATIONE)
- Resolution: 0.7-0.9
- Scan Speed: 5000 u/s
- Abundance Sensitivity m-1: 2.5e-6
- Abundance Sensitivity m+1: 2e-7
- Mass Stability: <0.05 u / day
- Collision Cell Type: Octupole
- Kinectic Energy Discrimination: Yes
- No. Gases: 1 (He)
- Dwell Time: 100 µs
- Linear Dynamic Range: > 9 orders
- 7Li: >20 Kcs/ppt
- 9Be: >3 Kcs/ppt
- 115In: >50 Kcs/ppt
- 205Ti: >40 Kcs/ppt
- 238U*: >40 Kcs/ppt
*Available for SOLATIONHM models only
- 7Li: <1 ppt
- 115In: <0.5 ppt
- 209Bi: <0.5 ppt
- CeO/Ce: <2.5%
- Ba++/Ba+: <3%
- Background cps (@ m/z 212): <4%
- Stability, 20 min: <3%
- Stability, 2 hrs: <4%
- 107Ag/109Ag: <0.5%
Dimensions and Power Requirements
- Size: 90 x 66 x 70 cm (W x D x H)
- Volume: 0.42 m3
- Weight: 115 Kg (250 lbs.)
- Argon : 24 L/min (99.95%)
- Cell Gas: 10 mL/min (99.999% He)
- Exhaust (150mm): 5-7 m3/min
- Power: 200-240 V, 30 A
- Operating Temperature: 15-30 ºC (59-86 ºF), performance specifications require ±2 ºC from calibration temperature
- Operating Humidity: 10% and 80% RH, con-condensing
1800 00 84 53
New Zealand Freephone
0800 34 24 66
Bio-Strategy PTY Limited
8 – 10 Trade Park Drive
Tullamarine, VIC 3043
2/7 Miller Street
Murarrie, QLD 4172
33 Westpoint Drive